Google
Web www.shinykaylee.blogspot.com
www.howstuffworks.com www.hondabikes.net

Making Kaylee Shiny

This is the online record of the rebuild, and restoration of my 1976 Honda CB550 F named Kaylee. She is my first motorcycle, and I decided to keep this blog, with the help of an iChat webcam. I will be adding pictures and video as well. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Seat Repair





So I have a few tears on my seat but love it! So I wanted to try to just fix em. I have some new vinyl fabric on order that matches, and I am going to do some patch work myself, but there was one big tear down the entire split that separates the front from back seat. I came up with a solution i'm pretty damn happy with. I had an old black belt, cut it in half lengthwise to make it thinner, then used really good water and uv ray proof glue and tucked it under the seat cover trim. let me know what ya think of my repair! here are some before and after shots. More pics when I finish the other patches. Also put brand new hardware under the seat pan for seat attachment to the bike, the old pins were all rusted out. Thanks for helping Jorge!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
html hit counters