Google
Web www.shinykaylee.blogspot.com
www.howstuffworks.com www.hondabikes.net

Making Kaylee Shiny

This is the online record of the rebuild, and restoration of my 1976 Honda CB550 F named Kaylee. She is my first motorcycle, and I decided to keep this blog, with the help of an iChat webcam. I will be adding pictures and video as well. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Ahh, curse the 70's and their tube fuses!

So I just finished running all over the city looking for a particular type of fuse that is supposed to fit into the fuse box for my bike. I think that is why she has been shorting out, i looked and the completely wrong amp fuses are in the fuse box! I got the repair manual today, and looked up the correct resistances, but could not find the right fuses for the life of me, I checked 3 auto parts stores, ace hardware, radio shack, and an actual honda motorcycle dealership/repair place.

The fuse box is missing its cap anyway, so I bought 3 individual waterproof in-line fuse holders for when i re-do the wires, I will just cut the old box out and mount these 3 new ones in, they use the newer style fuses as well, the square ones, so I shouldn't have any more trouble finding fuses after I replace the box.

I also got new spark plugs and plug wires, high mileage oil and carb cleaner for the big task of fixing those up, which will come right after I am done with the electrical system. Should I put the turn signals back on? I'm not sure I kind of like the way it looks without them, and I can always signal with my arm... not sure. I'm going to go read the shop manual now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea what you are talking about but I would like to note that I am still reading it.

2:56 AM  
Blogger ayrity said...

well i appreciate it very much anyways lol

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
html hit counters