Google
Web www.shinykaylee.blogspot.com
www.howstuffworks.com www.hondabikes.net

Making Kaylee Shiny

This is the online record of the rebuild, and restoration of my 1976 Honda CB550 F named Kaylee. She is my first motorcycle, and I decided to keep this blog, with the help of an iChat webcam. I will be adding pictures and video as well. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Love at first sight



This is the first picture I saw of my bike, I found her in a craigslist post, went to see her a few days later, and fell in love right on the spot. I purchased her from the previous owner for 450 dollars, he was nice enough to trailer it over to my friend's house, which is where i'm keeping her for now. Although she is outside, I was able to find a cheap tent at Target to store her in so she doesnt get wet, so at the moment she is camping out at my buddy's house.

She does run, and everything is more or less in working order, there are a bunch of smallish things that need looking at. The low beams on the headlight dont work, the turn signals were broken, so the last owner removed them, missing side panel, a small dent in the gas tank, some spots of rust (none on the frame) and the carbs need some major cleaning, the idle jets are completely clogged so to keep her running you have to rev alot.

There are a bunch of good things though, basicly brand new tires, the seat is in awesome condition, when I got a new battery in her (thank you Grace) she started right up with the electric start, no more kick start for me haha.

This is just the beggining, I will have many new pictures and comments, maybe I'll even keep a running tab on what I spend on parts, although I really dont want to depress myself too much haha. Stick around!

2 Comments:

Blogger ayrity said...

well, if i'm gay for one blog, ill let dave know youre going to be brining in many women into your love life and your bed!

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool web blog... I'm picking up a 72 CB500 with a spare 550 motor tomorrow... apparantly it hasn't run for 8 years... so your experiences may come in useful.

Cheers

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter download
html hit counters